- A comprehensive practice appraisal within a reasonable time of the associate’s start
- A thorough plan regarding the buy-in, including the beginning, middle and end of the
- A wide spread associate search.
- A background investigation of associate candidates.
- A candid discussion between the parties regarding their respective expectations.
- A well drafted employment agreement, including buy-in specifications.
- A practice facility that can accommodate multiple dentists.
- An adequate patient flow that can accommodate multiple dentists.
- A well thought out post-buy-in exit strategy regarding a principal’s death, disability,
retirement, dissolution and third party sale.
- A willingness for all parties to change.
By: Kevin Shea, President of Shea Practice Transitions, P.A.